Best and Worst Moments
- Best: Opening Ceremony, Worst: McKayla Maroney’s Grimace
- Best: Women’s Weightlifting Medal Ceremony, Worst: Tom Daley’s Re-Dive
- Best: Diana Matheson, Worst: Apologies
- Best: Women’s Soccer, Worst: Tape Delays
- Best: Louis Smith and Max Whitlock, Worst: Tom Daley and Pete Waterfield
- Best: Dressage, Worst: G4S
- Best: Katie Taylor, Worst: Gymnastics Rules Complaints
- Best: Mo Farah, Worst: Tom Stalker
- Best: Equestrian Eventing, Worst: Beach Volleyball’s Dance Crew
"Ruined the photos that she shared with the other medalists?" I mean seriously. The girl made that face for maybe 3 seconds, and the rest of the time she was smiling. http://www.mysanantonio.com/ol... there are plenty more photos where she looks, what you might deem, appropriately happy. This is ridiculous bullying of a 16 year old.
"Best: Opening Ceremony"?
Worst ever. Had to be watched on a video screen to make even a little sense. Had all the production quality (and faded-glory rock stars) of a Super Bowl half-time show. What's with the industrial revolution zombies and sick kids in glowing hospital beds?
Tom Daley was not a wimp. The use of flash photography is prohibited during diving events. With a maturity belying his years he sensibly requested that the rules of diving be applied during the competition. The 'wimp' would have not had the fortitude to make this proper request of the judges. I'm sure that Hannah Beech - with her extensive experience of top class diving - would have been able to execute a series of six world class dives with multiple camera flashes exploding all around her. Of course she would!
"First of all, this is boxing, where controversial, nonsensical and outright corrupt decisions are a way of life. Get used to it, son. The next time your opponent will get cheated."
So instead of suggesting solutions for the problem of corruption, he should just get used to it? Should we adopt that same approach to financial fraud or other forms of cheating?