- Paris, 1924: Crew Captain James S. Rockefeller
- Swimmer Eleanor Holm, 1939
- London, 1948: Track Star Mel Patton
- Helsinki, 1952: Decathlete Bob Mathias
- Oslo, 1952: Ski Racer Andrea Mead Lawrence
- Melbourne, 1956: Shotputter Parry O’Brien
- Rome, 1960: Decathlete Rafer Johnson
- Munich,1972: Swimmer Mark Spitz
- 1972 Munich Olympics Massacre
- Montreal, 1976: Gymnast Nadia Comeneci
- Innsbruck, 1976: Skater Dorothy Hamill
- Lake Placid, 1980: Speed Skaters Eric and Beth Heiden
- Los Angeles, 1984: Carl Lewis Claims Gold
- Los Angeles, 1984: Organizer Peter Ueberroth
- Los Angeles, 1984: Soviets Boycott the Games
- Los Angeles, 1984: Track and Field Star Carl Lewis
- Sarajevo, 1984: Skiers Phil Mahre and Tamara McKinney
- Calgary, 1988: Figure Skater Debi Thomas
- Seoul, 1988: Track and Field Star Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- Barcelona, 1992: Gymnast Kim Zmeskal
- Lillehammer, 1994: Figure Skaters Nancy Kerrigan & Tonya Harding
- Atlanta, 1996: Gymnast Kerri Strug & Bombing Victim Alice Hawthorne
- Atlanta, 1996: Michael Johnson’s Golden Feat
- Atlanta, 1996: Track Star Michael Johnson
- Sydney, 2000: Track Star Marion Jones
- Salt Lake City, 2002: Figure Skaters Jamie Sale & David Pelletier
- Athens, 2004: Swimmer Michael Phelps
- Turin, 2006: Skier Bode Miller
- Beijing, 2008: Basketball Player LeBron James
These covers are proof positive that the people who pick which Olympic sports to cover are dummies. I submit the following:
1980 - Figure skating?! Over the hockey team and the "Miracle on Ice"? Were the staff drunk?
2000 - Marion Jones gets the cover, and Rulon Gardner, Greco-Roman heavyweight, gets nothing? The guy posted a victory over Alexander Karelin, a feat that hadn't been accomplished for more than a decade. She's a convicted felon. He's now down a few toes.
1924 is just spiteful. The U.S. Olympic rugby team beat the French for the second Olympiad in a row, despite being mostly comprised of football players from the University of California. Not only that, but beat them in Paris, their home turf. And "Time" thought rowing was more worthy, and at that, a Rockefeller?
G-ESTEEM-A tenacious confidence;mental toughness
"If god is with me than who can be against me? I can do anything. G-ESTEEM
Go hard,we dying soon.
G-ESTEEM "The game is in belief"
/I'm i doing too much/Or losing my touch/
Text 3060402 to 69937 for 'Night Time by Tyler Shemwell
G-ESTEEM-PEOPLE WHO EDUCATED THEMSELVES amp; EVOLVED INTO THE MOST HAPPY AMERICANS USUALLY RED NECKS amp; PRO-BLACKS(STAY BOW-LEGGED amp; THICK).
Teach me it's more to being a man than feeling up your thigh.For Breast Cancer.G-ESTEEM (w/ pic of President Obama amp; Wife)
STAY BOW-LEGGED amp; THICK.G-ESTEEM(Presidential Election Nov 6, 2012) 44-Life